How do you get the name of an open saved file in memory using message box?

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sat Jun 12 16:15:36 EDT 2010

You are not communicating very well. It is still not clear what you want.

Do you want to place a suggested file name in an ask dialog entry field
instead, or have a the filename show up instead of the prompt of the ask
dialog?

Again, how would the dialog 'know' what the last filename was unless you
save it yourself?

Or are you just having trouble getting the result of your choice in the
dialog?
Look at the  IT variable

Anyway again it is up to the programmer to know which files are open and
those that are not.  Usually 'OPEN' is just for microseconds, the data is
put in a variable, and work with it inside rev.  There is no open and close
needed for  'put URL()' and the file is closed after the call.  There really
is no need for multiple open and close statements unless one is processing
data from one file into another file by script. Most of the time that is
never needed.