[OT] G4 goes West

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 14:22:29 EDT 2010

On 06/12/2010 08:07 PM, stephen barncard wrote:
> Richmond -  you might consider copying your old ZIP disks to someplace safer
>   as soon as possible - they seem to have some kind of 'disk rot' and can die
> quickly in a few years.

Sounds like my brain . . .   :)

I have a Performa 5xxx with a SCSI port and a LAN one; so can export all the
ancient, past it, probably reduplicated gubbins any time I want:
probably put the content of
20 Zips on a DVD or a spare Hard drive.

I copied ALL of the Zip disk stuff, cleverly, onto a hard disk in an old
Grey-&-white
ex-G3 (popped a G4 processor into it about 9 years ago); the only snag
being that that
machine is now in the attic of my house in Scotland, and I won't be
there until at
least July-August 2011.