Secure file delete

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Sat Jun 12 10:29:37 EDT 2010

I remember reading a suggestion on the list about creating a file with dummy information to overwrite an existing file. This way the original file will be zeroed out so there is nothing to undelete.

Unfortunately I can't find the email and was hoping that someone could clarify how to do this.

The reason for this is the next version of InfoWallet will support encrypted and password protected attachments but for someone to view an attachment it will have to be saved to disk unprotected and then launched. I want to securely delete the temporarily saved unprotected file.

Thanks,
Bill Vlahos