Shell Command with Sudo

Justin Sloan justin.sloan at us.army.mil
Sat Jun 12 05:53:30 EDT 2010

Peter,

That is a good suggestion if the application was not meant for mass
deployment. Otherwise each machine's sudoers file would have to be
edited accordingly, which would be a bummer for users that do not know
how to do so. And that is likely the majority of Mac users. I would
venture to say that the majority of Mac users never even opened the
Terminal.

The solution is elegant, I believe, in that it will work on any Mac OS
X machine and takes advantage of Bash' s flexibility with Rev's shell
structure.

Happy coding!
 - Justin