Imported images are very dark

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 14:11:00 EDT 2010

On Jun 11, 2010, at 10:35 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Simon Lord wrote:
>> The images I import into my stacks are much darker than what I see in
>> Photoshop.  Is there a reason for this?  I'm working in sRGB so don't
>> see a reason for this discrepancy.
>
> If you are saving the images as .png, they have an embedded gamma
> setting. Try saving as .jpg instead and see if that helps.
Actually, the color shift occurs when using Photoshop as the external
editor.

In a Rev stack,
Get the rgb values of the top-left pixel of an image.
Right click on an image, choose external editor as Photoshop.
Make an edit, note the exact rgb values the top left pixel, then close
to update the image in Rev.

Now you will see a slightly different rgb values than Photoshop
reported.

 From what I remember, this shift is relative and not the same offset
for each r,g,b channel.

Jim Ault