Scanning barcodes

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Fri Jun 11 13:52:59 EDT 2010

On Jun 11, 2010, at 1:37 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:

> Just about any scanner has a mode where it will "type" at the location of a cursor. We use something called the Magpie from Peninsula. It was very reasonably priced, compared to a lot of other bar code scanners I looked at.

Unfortunately, this page of theirs:

http://www.barcodereaders.com/barcodereadertypes/default.html

suggests that their scanners don't read the QR codes that was mentioned. Here's a page of scanners that can:

http://www1.shopping.com/xPP-barcode_scanners--qr_code

though I don't know for sure if they do the usual trick of making it look like you're getting input from a keyboard.