[OT] HTML5 and Safari 5

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Wed Jun 9 17:50:53 EDT 2010

the new Safari browser is now available... and although the HTML5 features
are compelling, some of the best features are there for programmers.
Available for Window as well as Mac.

My favorite is the "snippet editor" which is this split window with two
fields.    Enter HTML, Java, Javascript DOM - most stuff you put into a web
page - and it interprets as you type, character by character.

It's kind of like a 'command line' for the webkit engine, except it responds
immediately

Great for testing... little code snippets

or paste in entire web pages. If the references are all full URLs you will
see a lot of it and can play around with it. Easier than saving a text file
then reading it back into a web page.

Of course we could have built it in rev and revBrowser.