WWDC Keynote: HTML5 wide open for On-Rev & revServer

Robert Mann rman at free.fr
Tue Jun 8 16:09:08 EDT 2010

Yes indeed, Mike, i understand jerry's answer as far as server side accounts
are concerned.

I was just pointing out that in the context of "html5 local storage", if and
when a web app uses that storage, then there are issues of security.

I'm working on an eDemocracy site & app. i'll try hard to make it as secure
as possible in order not to allow anybody to gather information about what
somebody else think.

What troubles me is at the same time to see a big move towards mobile
advertisement AND the launching of HTML5 local storage which unlike cookies
(which have caused trouble in the minds!) can have persistent datas, and
much more datas.

So I beleive it could be a good thing to be very clear on this data policy
with users, for a change!

Actually I do have a question on this HTML5 specifs : how can the user
monitor datas? Has he got the right to go and inspect? or is it context
dependant, e.i only a javascript program imbedded in a page of the said
domain could get to the datas? If anybody has a clue, thanks!