WWDC Keynote: HTML5 wide open for On-Rev & revServer

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 13:10:05 EDT 2010

Actually, I believe the following (from the provided link) is what is
being referred to:

7.2 Cross-directory attacks

Different authors sharing one host name, for example users hosting
content on geocities.com, all share one local storage object. There is
no feature to restrict the access by pathname. Authors on shared hosts
are therefore recommended to avoid using these features, as it would
be trivial for other authors to read the data and overwrite it.

Even if a path-restriction feature was made available, the usual DOM
scripting security model would make it trivial to bypass this
protection and access the data from any path.