WWDC Keynote: HTML5 wide open for On-Rev & revServer

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 03:02:00 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Sarah Reichelt <sarah.reichelt at gmail.com>wrote:

> We always had cookies which could store small snippets of data locally.
> Now with HTML5, we also have session storage variables (temporary),
> local storage variables (permanent) and even SQLite databases.
>
> Are you suggesting then, that if I use HTML5 (rodeo) to dynamically create
several pages of content - whilst online, and those pages were to say
contain a form that interacted with SQLite, that whilst offline I might be
able to dynamically interact with SQLite, ie make entries into a field that
searches the SQLite db and have results dynamically presented to me -
although the base page template wouldn't change?

I currently have a postgreSQL db I can access from On-Rev, which is great as
long as I can connect. Once I loose connection, I can no longer do searches.
It would be great to be able to push the db data into SQLite on the iPhone,
be able to continually query it no matter where I am, then purge the data
when finished.

Does that sound doable with HTML5 + On-Rev + SQLite + iPhone?

Thanks for your thoughts.