combo box messages

BNig niggemann at uni-wh.de
Mon Jun 7 15:50:31 EDT 2010

Devin Asay wrote:

> On Jun 5, 2010, at 5:07 PM, David C. wrote:
>
>>> A problem was posted to the forums. SomeOne wanted to type text into a
>>> field, and have that text dynamically located among the lines of another
>>> scrolling list field such that closer and closer matches are found as
>>> the text
>>> entry gets longer.
>
> I have a stack that does this on revOnline. Look for a stack called "Type
> with Filter".
>
> Devin

That is a very nice stack. Thank you for pointing it out.

But actually the original poster on the forum wanted to write text in a
textfield and he wanted to use some shorthand or macro functionality.
Whenever he typed two periods and a letter a list was supposed to pop up and
let him insert the text into the current text at the current position.
He was a doctor and wanted to save some of the repetitive work on putting
medications and how to use it into the letter also avoiding typos I guess.
I liked the idea and gave it a try:

the revlet:
http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/revlets/typeandshortcutinfield/
the stack