Silly Problem

David C. davidocoker at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 06:48:22 EDT 2010

> set the loc of me to the loc of stack "Main"

As always, thanks for the help Sarah.

What I had been trying was the same as in your example, yet neither of
our scripts worked for me!

I had no confidence in my own code, which is why I finally posted my
question, but when *your* code didn't work Sarah, I knew there had to
be other problems...

As it turns out, both scripts were correct, but I had forgotten about
a small handler I was testing with the sub stack that did not get
removed:

on closeStackRequest
   set the visible of me to false
end closeStackRequest

The sub stack would work once, the first time the app was run, but
after that the preOpenStack handler was being bypassed completely
because the sub stack was never properly closed.

<sigh> ...another self inflicted coding wound. </sigh>

Best regards,
David C.