Open process woes

Jeff Massung massung at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 19:39:03 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:

> Jeff-
>
> Well, lacking the gory details, I'd guess that there are environment
> variables that your terminal window has access to and that aren't
> present in your "open process" command.

Ya, I've looked at the output of SET in both the message box and terminal,
aside from the path they are both the same (Rev is missing /usr/local/bin).

I really didn't want to get into gory details because it's pretty
complicated. I'm opening a process that will connect to a remote machine and
perform some operations. Launching the app works, but the remote connection
fails. Yet, works from the terminal. I don't get any error messages, and
it's as if everything succeeded.

Out of curiosity, does read from process capture output from stderr as well?
Perhaps I'm getting something there that may help me but I can't see it? If
not, is there any way for me to get at it?

Thanks!

Jeff M.