REALBasic vs Revolution

David C. davidocoker at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 13:59:10 EDT 2010

> Wondering if anyone has personal experience using REAL Basic and Revolution?
>  I did see some discussions on this list but they're all pretty old.  At
> first glance, REAL Basic appears to provide very similar functionality to
> Revolution and a few things (like a report writer) that aren't in
> Revolution, at least without an extra cost third party add-on.

Hey Pete,
As a BASIC language fan spanning more than just a few years, I've
licensed and used most of them that you can find available these days.
I licensed RealBasic a few weeks before RunRev some 5 years ago now...
and there are plenty of similarities between the two products that can
easily be compared. Here's a comparison by Geoff Canyon that is a bit
old, but still useful I think:

http://www.inspiredlogic.com/whitepaper/index.html

>From a personal perspective, after having had time to become familiar
with RunRev, I can only offer this:

Feature for feature, there isn't a "BASIC-like" language on the planet
(including RealBasic) that can hold a candle to RunRev, IMO.

- Absolutely none! -

YMMV ;-)

Best regards,
David C.