Getting an Audio Plugin Created

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Sat Jun 5 13:01:27 EDT 2010

> There was some discussion about Using BASS as an audio plugin
> a short while ago.
>
> Several other audio solutions were also mentioned.
>
> Does anyone now if some sort of communication has taken place
> about getting a plugin or wrapper produced so something more
> sophisticated for audio can be done with Rev?

Hi Jim,

I posted the original post about developing a commercial plugin for enhanced
audio to see what the level of interest is.

Similar to how we got the Franklin 3D external made, I am looking into
scheduling an enhanced audio plugin, most likely using an organized donation
system to fund its development though. This would be handled through our
indie dev group that isnt directly involved with Valentina.

Development would only start after the donation account reaches a reasonable
level of confirmed donations (it will get spelled out in the next few
weeks). Basically anyone who donates over level X will get a copy of the
plugin(s).

Externals are written in C++, and its expensive development. But, you know I
have extensive resources overseas and can get this kind of development help
at a very reasonable cost.

We actually had a good list of folks express interest in, and even confirm
helping us fund Franklin 3D development by pre-purchasing Franklin 3D
licenses - enough to cover costs of the development. Unfortunately, almost
all left us holding the bag.

We have paid off those costs and can now afford to keep paying for updates,
but it was a lesson on this kind of development.

A little background on this Audio plugin project - I discussed this with
several other Rev developers, now a few years ago, and were warned of
another project to deliver something similar. Basically, it would have
killed any commercial value in the project - so we dropped it. That project
never materialized. This plugin could have been been available 1-2 years ago
if it weren't for this.

Within the next two weeks, Ill post more details. It would be useful though
if there was agreement on the most important, core features for such a
plugin - not a hog wild list, but everyone's top five features, starting
with multi-channel audio.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President