Abysmal Sound on Windows?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 12:31:18 EDT 2010

On 06/05/2010 06:05 PM, stephen barncard wrote:
> Sorry to reveal my less-than-informed research re players. I'm still looking
> for a better way to do web playback, and without flash. I think Scott was
> looking at desktop solutions.
>
> I am checking out a PHP
> player<http://download.cnet.com/MP3-Web-Player/3000-10248_4-10528817.html?tag=mncol>now.
>
> On 5 June 2010 05:38, Colin Holgate<coiin at verizon.net>  wrote:
>

>> Someone nicely summed up the browser craziness with this image:
>>
>> http://i.imgur.com/cT08B.png
>>
>> As for saying anything against Flash, if you go along with what Steve says
>> about Flash, you should also stop using Rev.
>>

>> __

Hmm: if you go along with what Steve says about Flash, you should also stop
using just about everything: soap, toothpaste, water???? unless it is on the
"Steve approves" list . . . . . . anybody know why Vaisnava Hindus won't
use toothpaste???

because it contains animal shell; not veggie enough. [off-topic fact
number 108 in the 'Richmond
Collection' of facts to annoy use-list users with].

However, as Steve is not (at least as far as I know) a guru in a
recognised spiritual
tradition with an apostolic succession stretching back into the misty
past; and, no
guru worth his/her salt is going to be THAT heavy, count me out for the
queue to
become some sort of unthinking chela.

Even if only for the reason that we have brains which are capable (for
some odd reason
that folks like Steve may be unable to appreciate) of making informed
choices (and, sadly,
uninformed ones).

I will not pretend to understand the real reason (although I have
already written some
cr*p on the subject on this list) why Steve is anti-Flash. But, until he
explains in terms that
I can understand (that will have to be fairly simplistic) I won't even
entertain rejecting it.