To keep the selection of a textfield visible while the focus is on another control?

G. Wolfgang Gaich gwolfgang at gaich.de
Sat Jun 5 10:02:57 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I don't know how to manage this:

On a card I have a field with text and a combo box.
With the combobox the user can change the textsize of the selected text
of the textfield.
That works good when I set the traversalOn of the combobox to false.
The User then can use the menu of the combobox while the selection in
the textfield keeps visible.
But when I set the traversalOn of the combobox to true, so that the user
can manually enter a textsize in the field part of the combobox, the
selection in the textfield disappears because the textfield lost its focus.

One way I tested was to store the selectedChunk in a custom property on
selectionchanged and when the user has entered the textsize in the
combobox and presses return or enter the textsize and the selection for
the selectedchunk (I stored in the custom property) of the field is set.
But there is a period of time the user doesn't see his selection in the
textfield.

Is there a way to keep the selection of a textfield visible while the
focus is on another control?

I hope you understand my request despite my poor english.

Thank you very much in advance.

Wolfgang