Example of scrolling group?

BNig niggemann at uni-wh.de
Fri Jun 4 06:22:44 EDT 2010

David,

I made a little test stack with four fields on the corners of the card.
These fields are grouped. Into the script of the card I put this handler:
----------------
on resizeStack
   set the width of group 1 to the width of  card 1
   set the height of group 1 to the height of  card 1 -30  -- adjust
   set the topleft of group 1 to 0,30 -- adjust
   if the width of card 1 > 780 then -- adjust
      set the hScrollbar of group 1 to false
   else
      set the hScrollbar of group 1 to true
   end if
   if the height of card 1 > 520 then -- adjust
      set the vScrollbar of group 1 to false
   else
      set the vScrollbar of group 1 to true
   end if
end resizeStack
-----------------

Into the script of the stack I put this handler:
--------------
on openstack
   if the width of card 1 > 400 then
      revChangeWindowSize 350,150
   else
      revChangeWindowSize 800,550
   end if
   send resizeStack to card 1 in 2 milliseconds
end openstack
----------------------
This worked for manually resizing the stack with just the handler in the
card,  and worked for setting the stack size in the openstack handler. I had
to add "send resizeStack to card 1 in 2 milliseconds" though.

If I understand your problem this should give you an idea. The group is not
locLocked. The fields stay in their original position, just the group size
is adjusted and w/o scrollbar.
(When manually changing the size of the stack I noticed that the field
locations changed a little when increasing width and height and went back to
the original location when making the stack window small, but this was only
with live resizing on, with live resizing off they did not do this.)
And thanks for "revChangeWindowSize", I did not know this one.

regards
Bernd