Audio Playback in Linux is Clipped?

John Patten johnpatten at mac.com
Wed Jun 2 15:37:32 EDT 2010

Hi All...

I'm trying to track down why on Linux Rev is clipping the audio
playback? On opening a stack and attempting to play recording from
Rev, the first time through appears to layer pieces of the single
recording on top of each other. Then on subsequent attempts to play
the same recording it only plays the last few seconds of the audio.

I created a sample stack and saved it to RevOnline. It is called
"Linux Audio Test."

It will record 10 seconds of audio using a shell script for aRecord
and then use Rev's ability to play back the wav audio file.

This was done on Unbuntu Netbook Remix (9.01) version. Not sure if the
problem is my hardware or if it is the software, or my goofy authoring
skills...

If anybody could confirm that would be fantastic. If anybody has some
tips that would be even better :-)

Thank you!

John Patten
SUSD