Delay in opening the first card. How can I solve this?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Jun 2 05:30:38 EDT 2010

Hi William,

The wait command in your script just adds another delay, because
RunRev is completely blocked while waiting. If you add "with messages"
to the command, you'll give the engine a chance to do its thing while
your script waits. I don't think this will make much of a difference,
except that going to the next card will always take more than 7 seconds.

I have had the same problem several times, too. I wonder whether it
has something to do with QuickTime. Getting the QTVersion in the
preOpenStack handler will load QT before the first card shows. Maybe
this moves the delay to the startup time of your programme/stack.
Setting the dontUseQT to true doesn't load QT at all, which might take
away the delay completely. I might be all wrong about this, but I'm
curious whether it makes any difference.

Do any scripts run when cd "start_2x2" opens?

P.S. There's also http://runrev.info/rrforum

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com

Economy-x-Talk is always looking for new projects. Contact me for a
quote http://economy-x-talk.com/contact.html
Download Clipboard Link http://clipboardlink.economy-x-talk.com and
share the clipboard of your computer over the local network.