Delay in opening the first card. How can I solve this?

William de Smet williamdesmet at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 05:00:35 EDT 2010

Hi there,

I notice quite some delay in opening cards in my new app on Win 7. On OSX
all is fine (I asked before on the list).
I click a button and nothing happens (so it seems). After some time the next
card is shown.
It is just a button with the most simple script: go cd "start_2x2".

In the end it will be an app with about 100 cards in it I think so the delay
can take a while?
For now I came up with the following, so the user has some visual feedback.

*on* mouseUp

   *unlock* cursor

   *set* cursor to watch

   *lock* cursor

   *wait* 7 sec

   *go* cd "start_2x2"

*end* mouseUp

The 7 sec is just my idea and it can take much longer.
Is there another way to do this? I want the 'wait' to be an exact time
(after the wait the next card opens).

Thanks in advance.

greetings,

William