How to launch an app invisible?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Jun 1 13:57:46 EDT 2010

Hi Tiemo,

I found the following on the internet somewhere, I think it was the
AppleScript newsgroup.

> - Open de application package to see its contents.
> - open the Contents folder
> - Open the file "info.plist" in a text editor and add the following
> two lines inside the
> outermost <dict></dict> tags:
> <key>NSBGOnly</key>
> <string>1</string>
> Example:
> <dict>
>     [lots o' XML, possibly including
>      other nested <dict></dict> tags]
>     <key>NSBGOnly</key>
>     <string>1</string>
> </dict>
> The following two lines should also work:
> <key>NSUIElement</key>
> <string>1</string>
> but the latter solution hasn't been confirmed. If you tried it, let
> us know.

This applies to Mac OS X only. I think (guess) that hiding the window
suffices on Windows.

More info in the archives at http://qurl.tk/bn

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com

Economy-x-Talk is always looking for new projects. Contact me for a
quote http://economy-x-talk.com/contact.html
Download Clipboard Link http://clipboardlink.economy-x-talk.com and
share the clipboard of your computer over the local network.