Bullet Application Script?

Jeff Massung massung at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 10:13:21 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 12:18 AM, Scott Rossi <scott at tactilemedia.com>wrote:

> Does anyone have a routine for applying bullets to a block of text?
>
> I writing a script that can apply and remove bullet characters from a block
> of text and it occurred to me that maybe I'm reinventing the wheel here and
> somebody has already built something like this.
>
> Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to share.

I don't have the script any more, but it's pretty trivial to make a 8x8
pixel "bullet" image (or download a simple, free one from iconfinder.net)
and then use the imageSource property of the field to display it.

The hardest part of doing this is getting everything to line up. If you want
to let the user change the font size, you'll need many versions of the image
so that it appears centered in relation to the rest of the text. Then set it
with something like:

put the textHeight of my field into tHeight
put "bullet_image" & tHeight into tBullet
set the imageSource of char N of my field to the id of img tBullet

HTH,

Jeff M.