Quality Control Center - handling of bug reports

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Wed Jul 28 14:25:50 EDT 2010

On Wed Jul 28, 2010, Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com wrote:

> On 28/07/2010 10:22, "Wilhelm Sanke" <sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de> wrote:
>
> >   As an active supporter and user of Revolution since its beginnings I
> > am of course aware of the difficulties and the multitude of tasks the
> > Rev team has to address with limited personal resources. But I think
> > there is an urgent need to re-organize  the handling of bug reports and
> > the management of the so-called "Quality Control Center". To completely
> > disregard valuable feedback from motivated users is not the way to keep
> > up or build trust for Revolution and its developers.
>
> I agree. I have responded in more detail on this topic and on a number of
> other important points relating to the direction of the Rev platform
> on our
> revEnterprise improve-rev membership mailing list.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Kevin

Kevin,

Thank you very much for responding and agreeing.

With your answer you made me look through your recent posts on the
improve list to find a match for the subject of my own post.

As the members of the use list are also entitled and interested to file
bug reports and use the Quality Control Center, I assume it is allowed
to quote from the enterprise list in this case.

The closest match I could find is a passage in one of your posts about
"New roadmap (Pricing)":

> Things are going to get simpler
> and we'll be able to use the new options to support the various things our
> professional developers want, like more communication, faster progress on
> features, a very different approach to bug management and closer
> co-operation with the community.
> (snip)
> All in all, a fresher, stronger, more nimble, more open
> company is in process of being born.

Although these are very general statements, some of which I seem to have
heard before, I appreciate very much that you intend "a closer
co-operation with the community".  And I hope the "different approach to
bug management" will be implemented in a way that takes into account the
existing "unfixed" and "unconfirmed" bug reports, these maybe even with
a certain priority and an indication of the timeframe for fixing them.

Best regards,

Wilhelm