Rev Create XML Tree

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Wed Jul 28 12:07:11 EDT 2010

Ray,

I don't think emdashes are allowed inside XML. You emdash is in a node
content or a tag? If it is in a node content and you encoded it like
&emdash; then it will not work because the only escaping that xml knows by
default is & so if you encode your emdash like &emdash; and you do a
double decode when you want to use the content like first making the &
into & and then the &emdash; back into a real emdash, it should work.

You can make your XML an UTF8 file and use emdashes directly as well. The
above solution is to keep things under pure ascii charset.

You might conside passing your xml first thru uniDecode before trying to
pass it thru revcreatexmltree as well, this might help you keep your
emdashes without any conversion to xml entities.

Andre