Quality Control Center - handling of bug reports

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Wed Jul 28 05:22:45 EDT 2010

CCs of this post are sent to support at runrev.com and kevin at runrev.com.

There are about 10 or more (minor to critical) bugs associated with the
group object, which have cost me plenty of time and a huge amount of
frustation to get to the details of these bugs and eventually to find
out workarounds if possible. These bugs seem to be totally outside the
scope and interest of the RunRev team.
My bug report  8275 of Sept. 16, 2009, "Groups: Bugs and features ("last
group" broken)?", which listed 5 of these group bugs, is stiil shown as
"unconfirned" as of today - nearly 11 months later!

If they should indeed have looked at the report and cannot replicate the
bugs, I would at least expect an organized attempt to communicate with
the bug reporter, maybe asking him for more information or a sample
stack etc.etc..
  As an active supporter and user of Revolution since its beginnings I
am of course aware of the difficulties and the multitude of tasks the
Rev team has to address with limited personal resources. But I think
there is an urgent need to re-organize  the handling of bug reports and
the management of the so-called "Quality Control Center". To completely
disregard valuable feedback from motivated users is not the way to keep
up or build trust for Revolution and its developers.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke
<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>