Regarding Rodeo discussions

Jeff Massung massung at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 13:00:45 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Bob Sneidar <bobs at twft.com> wrote:

> If you make a rule you can delete anything containing the word Rodeo from
> your mail before it even gets to you.

I can also unsubscribe from the list, but I should have to.

Honestly, if I (and Jacqueline) are the only ones who are annoyed by it, and
everyone else is excited, then good for everyone else; I'm glad ya'll are
getting something out of the discussion. And this is the Rev team's
(Kevin's) email list, so if they don't mind, then I'll be quiet.

But Rodeo - aside from a single feature - has absolutely nothing to do with
Rev. I might as well post all my questions about Apache, PHP, and PostgreSQL
here as well (every day, constantly), since they are tangentially related to
On-Rev. There are other - more suitable - places for me to ask those
questions and get answers.

In case this is sounding harsh (unintended), let me please be very clear. I
think Rodeo is a great idea. I think Jerry is a great guy. It's hard being
an entrepreneur - especially in a niche market - and I loathe suggesting
anything that can potentially stifle a fellow programmer's progress. I wish
nothing but the greatest of successes upon the Rodeo team.

But, is it really too much to ask that if you have a question about Rodeo
(unless it related directly to Rev) that it be directed to Jerry, to the
Rodeo forums, or the Rodeo email list, where presumably everyone there is
interested in the comments/answers and there are even non-Rev users who can
contribute to the discussions than ensue from it?

It's also quite possible that this email list is really no longer about Rev,
but instead has just mutated over time into a chronically "OT" list where
long-time friends have become accustomed to staying in touch and cheering
each other on. If that's the case, then that's great, and there's nothing
wrong with that, it's just not what I'm interested in. ;-)

Jeff M.