Regarding Rodeo discussions

Jerry Daniels jerry.daniels at me.com
Sun Jul 25 23:30:52 EDT 2010

Robert, et al.,

A Couple Observations

1. Rodeo posts often quickly become non-Rodeo posts

One of the more interesting aspects of the Rodeo posts of late is that a great deal of them are often not about Rodeo, but other topics that just get tagged onto a Rodeo-titled thread. Therefore, I think a greater impression of "Rodeo posts" gets created.

Today a post about Rodeo video spawned many posts about ScreenFlow. The same happened earlier in the weekend where a few posts were about Rodeo and 10 times as many ended up covering Mac vs. PC, different VM's people could use...you see my point.

2. Posts that come from genuine enthusiasm are beneficial

As was pointed out earlier, the Rodeo team only post significant announcements here, which actually tend to spawn very few posts, actually. (Btw, we make 10 times as many announcements on our own discussion list.)

Whereas non-team folks post questions, observations, enthusiasm, criticism, etc. as independent threads--to which Sarah and I respond--DO generate lots of posts.

It's actually nice to see folks excited about something. It gets the juices flowing. I should also mention that every post I've seen from anyone has always had the word "Rodeo" quite prominently displayed. I think everyone can read that. It's an easy word to spot.

Rather than take issue with innocent third parties who are enthusing—and on some days dominating this list with topics about Rodeo and non-rev products (like JQuery, HTML5, HyperStudio, FileMaker), maybe we should ask ourselves the following...

3. Why aren't there more posts purely about Revolution? Isn't that the real question, here?

Best,

Jerry Daniels

Follow the Rodeo discussion:
http://rodeoapps.com/discuss-among-yourselves-0