Regarding Rodeo discussions

Jeff Massung massung at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 20:56:53 EDT 2010

Let me prefix this with I like Jerry (we've shared code and random solutions
to problems), I think Rodeo is a great idea, I wish the Rodeo team all the
best, I welcome announcement email postings, and I know that Jerry and Co.
have tried to just answer simple questions (that have been asked) here and
redirect discussion to their site.

But this is getting a little out of hand. Rodeo is a [very good] product,
but it has little-to-no place being discussed on this forum. Aside from the
syntax, and the fact that Jerry makes it, it has almost nothing to do with
Rev. And, if I might take a moderately bold step forward, it may even be
considered a potentially competing product.

I'm just asking - as politely as I can - that Rodeo discussion (aside from
announcements) please be removed from this email list. I think 30-50% of the
emails I receive from this list in a given day not only nothing to do with
Rev, they are all about a single product. I'm quite confident that Rodeo has
its own webpage, its own forums, and likely its own email list. Can
questions/comments regarding that product be directed there, please?

I'd really hate for a flame war or some-such to develop from this, as it
isn't my goal. I'd just like the majority of the emails I get from this
subscription to be oriented towards the product I'm using.

Jeff M.