IP/UDP Sockets in REV

Ewan Richardson ewan at supremis.co.uk
Sun Jul 25 16:12:11 EDT 2010

Hi Andre

Not a problem, I can do that.

Im basically using rev to translate data from our simulator to a wider group
of asterix native clients.
At the moment im implementing CAT62, which is basically used for Sending
SDPS track messages.
The Asterix protocol is all publicly published by eurocontrol.

The actual asterix protocol is quite diverse, allowing for multiple systems
to track targets and supply the data to radar screens. (im oversimplifying
here but it is the gereral principle.

Another tool im using, which may or may not  be of interest is albatross.
This is an open source air traffic radar screen, for linux. Although there
are a few bugs in there, is a good tool for testing against asterix and
"seeing" targets painting on screen.

Some of the code "could" be release for flight sim heads, taking data from a
flight simulator and drawing it on a "real" atc display.

So far the project is developing pretty quickly (compared to other
languages), and looks like it might be quite a rapid development.

The biggest head-ache so far has been translating latitude and longitude to
binary using two's compliment in a 32bit block.  I think that using
binaryEncode("f*",thedata) is giving the correct results, although I have
yet to test this part. The whole thing is a bit of a learning curve on the
binary front with revolution!.