Mac vs Win partisanship is unnecessary

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Thu Jul 22 12:14:13 EDT 2010

> Obviously you haven't yet been properly indoctrinated! I'll
> create some new copies of my BeOS disks and mail them to you
> so you can "see the light" and think more clearly about what
> a true operating system can do. ;-)
>
> Speaking of... Rev, when are you going to get that RevX
> version working on Haiku? I mean, seriously, c'mon! The
> _true_ power-OS users out here are waiting.

Heh-heh :-)

BeOS seems soooo long ago now. It was like a bigger, badder sequel to the
OpenDoc debaucle. I wrote an article for the BeOS journal on software
distribution back in the day. And I have to say, Jean Louis Gassée was a
really nice guy - not what I expected at all. How different things would be
if Apple had gone with Plan B.

But - you never know. I thought Palm was dead in the water for quite some
time (how they managed to go from being the king of the PDA/Smartphone
market to...what they were earlier in the year is beyond me). I went to
OSCON yesterday, and got a personal demo of the Aries dev tools for WebOS,
now in the hands of HP. Really, really impressive.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software