editing group fails

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jul 22 12:11:55 EDT 2010

On 7/22/10 3:34 AM, Reinhold Venzl-Schubert wrote:
> Hi!
>
> My stack "ABC" contains about 700 cards. Now I want to add a new
> button to the background of all these cards. I start editing group,
> create the new button and than click on stop editing. And than the
> rainbowball of Mac OS rotates and rotates without end.
>
> I tested an other stack "XYZ". There editing and stop editing groups
> works well.
>
> There seems to be a bug in my stack. What can I do to fix it?

I don't think it's a bug in your stack. Rev updates the IDE for each
card when you make background changes (in the application browser, the
menus, and maybe after editing a background.) If there are a lot of
cards it can take a while, though 700 shouldn't be too terribly bad.
Whatever is causing it, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the
update process in the IDE. That's why your smaller stack works okay,
because the update process is quicker.

You might be able to get around the problem by not editing the group.
Instead, do this from the message box:

   create button "newButton" in grp "myGroup"

That will put the button into the group and you can edit it normally
without going into group edit mode.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com