(no subject)

Jerry Daniels jerry.daniels at me.com
Thu Jul 22 09:20:47 EDT 2010

Hugh,

For all intents and purposes, you are on the money.

Couple answers to your question marks below...

Best,

Jerry Daniels

Rodeo now in beta:
http://rodeoapps.com/limited-pre-release-offer

On Jul 22, 2010, at 5:28 AM, FlexibleLearning <admin at FlexibleLearning.com> wrote:

> THANK YOU for taking the time to write such a comprehensive answer and for
> being gentle with me. I hope others will have found your further
> explanations helpful also. As a struggling 50-something rev developer who
> wants to stay in the game, you are describing me completely.

You're welcome. Your questions forced me to the heart of the issue.

> What you have done sounds nothing short of quantum (if not the decimation of
> Rev itself). My needs are purely practical; I leave 'lifestyle' to those
> that can afford it. The process therefore as I have to understand things
> is...
>
> 1. Write Rev stack. Limit functionalities to (limitations list?).

No groups (unless datagrid) yet.
No graphics, yet.
Transfer just notes that these are not transferred. No errors.

> 2. Use the Rodeo transfer utility on a Mac to compile the stack as
> 'Rodeo-Talk' to your account on the Rodeo server.
> 3. Use a Mac to edit the work now in 'Rodeo-Talk' using the Rodeo Editor,
> hosted on Rodeo's server.

Or user can also log into their Rodeo dev space and edit their definitions using any webkit compliant browser, tho the desktop Rodeo editor might be better for many at this time.

> 4. Save and Test the webApp (how?). Re-visit the Rodeo Editor to
> de-bug/improve.

Sarah and I have used a client side load tester to help with un-covering bugs. We are still working on our debugger. It will be like tRev's decoder.

> 5. Copy the webApp to your site.

Will be easier than that...click deploy button and choose/create a target(s).

> 6. Tell people the url so they can view it in a webkit-compatible browser
> such as Chrome or Safari.

Or create a Mac client app which is a customized browser for the Mac users you might have.

> Requirements: (for developer)
> 1. A Mac with a webkit-compatible browser

Mac with Leopard or Snow Leopard has this by default. We do have users who develop on non-Mac in a webkit browser like Chrome or Safari, but Mac desktop is easier to work in at this time.,

> 2. An account with the Rodeo server at $189/year

$149 until we release in August, then $249. Right now there is much work for us to do in order for us to create client/customer-pleasing apps. Check out our time-line in the post linked above in my signature.

> At some stage it would be helpful to see some video examplars that show the
> functionalities available. I have a set of 20 interactive careers lessons
> written in rev that the client wants delivered in a browser. Rodeo sounds
> the way to do this, with the additional benefit that the lessons could also
> be viewed on an iPad (and utimately on an iPhone also).
>
> PLEASE tell me I got it now!

Oh, yeah. You got it.