confirmed recipe for linux copy & paste trouble...

David C. davidocoker at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 17:28:06 EDT 2010

> Folks,
>
> I've just isolated one problem using copy & paste under linux. If gnome
> clipboard manager panel item is on the panel, you loose copy and paste, if
> it is not, then it works fine.

Confirmed!
Freshly installed Linux Mint 9 (Ubuntu derivative) 3 days old, freshly
installed RunRev 4.0.0 Studio (10 minutes ago)

I didn't have the clipboard manager installed on this system at all
and everything worked fine with copy/paste. Did the installation of
the Gnome based clipboard manager called "Glipper" added it to the
panel and the problems immediately began just as indicated.

Amazing that you found that!

Best regards,
David C.