[OT-Rodeo] Still waiting for the aha moment

David C. davidocoker at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 14:14:03 EDT 2010

> Okay... I'll put up my hand and admit. I just don't get it. And it's
> *really* annoying me!

...I was with ya up until yesterday.

> 2. 'Rodeo creates web pages, not Revolution stacks' and 'tools built for use
> in stacks will not work in Rodeo'. Okay. So why not just write html for web
> pages and use the revPlugin to deliver stacks?

A. Without Rodeo, no chance to leverage Rev "styled" language to build
native iPad apps.

B. That also leaves browser based iPad and iPhone (eventually) apps
out of the equation unless you want to build everything from scratch
using HTML5/CSS3/Javascript. (The plugin won't ever work on those
platforms according to Mr. Jobs)

C. Not everyone wants or is allowed to install the plugin and it's
currently not available for all platforms yet anyway. (missing Linux)

> 3. Development with Rodeo requires a Mac with an Internet connection. My
> connection is on my Windows box.

You can use either the Safari or Chrome browser in Windows to work in
Rodeo... clarified and tested yesterday :)

The "Transfer" stack makes it easy to convert pre-built Rev stacks
directly into the Rodeo language instead of trying to build the user
interface manually as mentioned above.

Best regards,
David C.