[OT-Rodeo] Still waiting for the aha moment

FlexibleLearning admin at FlexibleLearning.com
Wed Jul 21 13:50:48 EDT 2010

Okay... I'll put up my hand and admit. I just don't get it. And it's
*really* annoying me!

1. 'Rodeo uses WebKit'. This assumes I know what a 'webKit' is. Assuming
it's a framework for Browsers (is it? Read the webkit page and it looks like
it is), it immediately alientates any non-webkit Browser such as the
ubiquitous Internet Explorer (whatever one may think about it).

2. 'Rodeo creates web pages, not Revolution stacks' and 'tools built for use
in stacks will not work in Rodeo'. Okay. So why not just write html for web
pages and use the revPlugin to deliver stacks?

3. Development with Rodeo requires a Mac with an Internet connection. My
connection is on my Windows box.
Bozo here, struggling for that 'Aha' moment. Not a big deal, but it leaves
me out of the loop (assuming I ever understand what being in this loop
actually means, of course).

Any help towards that satori moment would be most gratefully received. And
if I am being REALLY thick, you can avoid embarassing me by writing
off-list!

/H