OT: How to restore a complete HD on Mac?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Jul 21 05:01:37 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have done several backups of my Mac HD with time machine, but have never
had the need to restore. Because of my unsolved Rev-Valentina-GermanUmlaute
problem I want to restore my complete HD from time machine, because I think
it only can be a bug in any Update of Mac OS within the last few month.

Now, when starting the restore of time machine I selected all Folders of
Macintosh HD from the wanted timestamp I get the error: "The object "User"
can't be changed or deleted, because it is used from Mac OS X".

What am I doing wrong? How to restore the complete HD?

Thanks for any hint

Tiemo