[OT-Rodeo] Last minute call to get onboard & New Question

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 19:00:27 EDT 2010

Hi Tim,

Sorry for not answering before - as you can imagine, Jerry & I have
been flooded with emails so it is easy to miss one.

I'm not very well informed about text encodings, but I know that web
pages have an encoding stated in their header.
Since Rodeo is producing web pages, I would assume that changing this
encoding tag would allow you to use different encodings.
At the moment, this is set to UTF-8, but we could make it
user-selectable down the track.

For data storage, at the moment, it is just single-byte text, not
unicode at all. But I do plan to add support for HTML entities very
soon, and we can consider how to handle unicode text then.

Cheers,
Sarah