(data grid) Can't get the text selected in the Edit Field When It Opens

Andre.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Tue Jul 20 11:26:46 EDT 2010

Bonjour,

I have a data grid table in which I would like the text appears
selected when an edit field is opened.

I tried the following:
1 - created a button "My default column behavior"
2 - set the script of btn "My default column behavior" to the script
of button "Default Column" of stack "revDataGridLibrary"
3 - set the dgProps["default column behavior"] of group "MyDataGrid"
to the long id of btn "My default column behavior"
4 - In the script of the button added a line to the handler command
EditValue as follow:
command EditValue
    ##In order to select all text before opening
    set the dgTemplateFieldEditor["select text"] of the dgControl of
me to true --ADDED LINE
    EditFieldText the long ID of me, the dgIndex of me, the dgColumn
of me
end EditValue

5 - verified that the handler: getProp dgDataControl was in the script

Does not work here ;-(( the text of the edit field is not selected
when the field is opened

What am I missing?

Thanks for any help

Best regard from Grenoble