SVG Graphics and revBrowser

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Tue Jul 20 11:14:24 EDT 2010

Folks, I am entirely ignorant of both the topics in the subject of this message, but I've been asked if I could develop an app which would involve rendering of SVG graphics (i.e. turning specific SVG vector descriptions - which I understand to be straight XML - into bitmaps at some agreed resolution and displaying them). When I tried to find out if revBrowser could do this, I couldn't see anything in the archives, and some of the references to SVG that I found outside the RunRev archives seemed way out of date - I was wandering into WebKit land, which seems to be simultaneously open source and something belonging to Apple... as you see I have no compass here. Has anyone got any pointers for the simple-minded?

TIA

Graham