Titler Image Text

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jul 19 17:41:47 EDT 2010

On 7/19/10 3:24 PM, Richmond wrote:
> On 07/19/2010 11:04 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>> A while back, in another place, Sivakatirswami wrote:
>>>
>>> -- A cool feature would be to auto generate a png from a fancy display
>>> text where the font will not be resident on the delivery platforms.
>>
>> That sounded like a quick exercise so I made a plugin for it. It's
>> uploaded to RevOnline, look for "Titler Text Images" or search for my
>> name. Drop it into your plugins folder for quick access (or if you
>> open it manually make sure it's a palette.) There are a few options
>> included for managing both the image and the source field.
>>
> That sounds awfully like what I do ALL the time:
>
> snapshot from fld "FANCYTEXTwithFUNNYFONT" to file "FUNKY.png" as PNG

Yeah, I think we all do it a lot. I'm surprised I didn't automate it
ages ago. Actually the suggestion came up on the Improve list as one of
a number of ways to help newcomers produce stacks more easily. I added a
few things to the plugin so it does a bit more than the basic command
you quoted.

It's a minimalist plugin, and I wouldn't brag about it on my resume, but
I suspect I'll use it. It doesn't export the png to disk, btw, it's all
done in the stack.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com