Datagrid stopper out of the gate

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 08:18:31 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 1:37 PM, Jim Ault <jimaultwins at yahoo.com> wrote:
> When I use
>>

>> put false into keyy
>> set the dgText[keyy] of  group "postTimeDgrd" to IT
>
> the header labels in line 1 become the first row of data
> and the rest of the data fills in all of the columns.
>
> and by making one change... false to true
>>
>> put true into keyy
>> set the dgText[keyy] of  group "postTimeDgrd" to IT
>
> the grid only has data in the first column
> as if the only column header that matched was the first one.
>
> So let's say I did not use the correct spelling for column 2 "Race"
> wouldn't the default be for new columns to be created to accommodate?

You are correct. If for example, your header is
Post      Race      Track      City      State

And the first header line of your data is:
Post      Race2      Track      City2      State

Col 1, 3 and 5 will be filled with datas and col 2 and 4 will remain empty.

> I found MY scripting problem.
> The header was written as follows:
>
> put "Post, Race, Track, City, State" into hdr
> replace comma with tab in hdr
> -- thus col 2-5 had a leading space which was invisible, just as the tab
> char is.
>

> Correct data casting is
> put "Post,Race,Track,City,State" into hdr
> replace comma with tab in hdr
>
> Discovery
> Column naming is white space sensitive.

Ok, great.
Consider name of column as unique identifier. Columns and first line
of data must match perfectly when using the dgText[true] property

Regards,
--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc