RunRev, Linux, Multiple desktops

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jul 17 13:22:31 EDT 2010

Richmond wrote:
 > The other problems: fonts and so forth, are far more urgent.

In my too-long post at
<http://mail.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2010-July/143074.html>
I wrote:

    > Where is it getting its font lists from?  Its not
    > the same place as every other app gets them.

    That's a darn good question, though FWIW if you prowl around
    various discussion boards on the web you'll find Rev isn't
    alone here; a few other programs also display incomplete lists
    of installed fonts.

    I was thinking about this yesterday, and I have a question
    for you or Richmond:

    When you set the textfont of a field to a font name not included
    in Rev's fontNames function, does the field use that font?

    If so, we may be able to come up with a scripted workaround to
    replace the fontNames function, something like linFontNames
    which would poke around to find what it needs to return a
    complete list.

    Not only would that solve the problem for us, but may also be
    helpful for the Rev engine team to find a good solution.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World