RunRev, Linux, Multiple desktops

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 17 04:07:48 EDT 2010

This is on Fluxbox, Debian Squeeze, six desktops.  I did the recipe just to
verify, and crashed Flux and logged out, which is sort of amazing.  What
happened was, all the bits of Rev did indeed reassemble themselves onto one
desktop.  Then, in Fluxbox, you can flip through the desktops by rotating
the mousewheel.  Firefox was open, and kmail, in different desktops.  I
flipped the wheel, fairly fast, and bang, Flux crashed and we were back to
the login window (which at the moment is GDM).

Its not all that surprising, there is clearly something amiss with how Rev
handles X Windows.