Video on Linux?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 15:19:37 EDT 2010

I thought I would be clever and try this:

on mouseUp
   set the videoClipPlayer to "/usr/bin/mplayer"
   play videoClip "OINK.mov"
end mouseUp

still no joy.

Mind you: the RunRev 4.0 online documentation states that on
Unix systems (funny that when RunRev don't even produce a
version for UNIX any more) use the xanim player.

xanim stopped production in 1999 according to Wikipedia;

However:  http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/XAnim-19987.shtml

says something different.

Downloaded the source; read the instructions for MAKE; said something
unprintably coarse which might be best summarised like this:

"Who is going to make RunRev standalones for Linux containing movies if
end-users have to jump through hoops to get them to work?"