Personal suggestion for fixing the Linux situation

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 12:53:48 EDT 2010

On 07/16/2010 07:27 PM, Peter Alcibiades wrote:
> If anyone wants to follow along with Slackware, this is where to get the
> isos.  Only the first three CDs should be needed.
>
> http://spheniscus.uio.no/pub/linux/slackware/slackware-13.1-iso/
>
> Be aware though, this is not exactly Linux as she is known today, this is
> not the land of graphical installers, automatic and safe disk partitioning
> and automatic dependency checks.  This is the command line and editing
> config files.  Kind of fun to get back to it.  I am proposing to shrink the
> partitions on my usual machine and do a clean install into free space, then
> get going.
>
> Peter

And what, pray tell, is the point of that? unless to demonstrate
hairy-chestedness.

Surely RunRev 4 needs to function on the Linux distros of 'today';
rather like RunRev 4
doesn't work on Mac OS 10.2; a Mac OS of 'yesterday'.

And, frankly. I doubt that many users and would-be users of RunRev on
Linux can
be bothered to mess around with the sort of thing I successfully trashed
alsorts of
machines with in 1999!

Wouldn't it be sensible to find a 2 year old 'general' Linux rather than
going back to
the future?

Let's say a Debian release from mid-2008 ????