Personal suggestion for fixing the Linux situation

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Fri Jul 16 10:21:16 EDT 2010

I just made a quick stack with standard buttons, radio buttons, checkboxes,
and a scrolling field to check this out.

> I opened Ubuntu's Appearance Preferences window and tried each of the
> themes there - all worked for all controls, including the field scrollbar.
>
> The only thing that didn't work straight out was using the two Inverse
> themes which invert colors (white on black).  The controls all rendered as
> expected, but the text didn't automatically invert (which I'm not sure I
> would expect anyway given the nature of Rev's compositing).
>
> What steps do I need to run to see what you're seeing?
>
> I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, with Rev 4.0.

Richard,

Despites my poor attempt at linux screenshots, take a look at:

http://andregarzia.com/Screenshot.png

This is Ubuntu 10.04 with default theme. Check the following issues:
* buttons are simply wrong both the default button and the push button.
* progress scrollbar has a tiny squared artifact inside next to the image
that actually fills it

Yes we can use square buttons though... not the round ones...