Personal suggestion for fixing the Linux situation

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jul 16 09:19:36 EDT 2010

Andre Garzia wrote:

> show stopper: Rev on linux does not respect work with current ubuntu theme,
> it all displays wrong...
>
> ARGH can't create a single button with the correct appearance.

I just made a quick stack with standard buttons, radio buttons,
checkboxes, and a scrolling field to check this out.

I opened Ubuntu's Appearance Preferences window and tried each of the
themes there - all worked for all controls, including the field scrollbar.

The only thing that didn't work straight out was using the two Inverse
themes which invert colors (white on black).  The controls all rendered
as expected, but the text didn't automatically invert (which I'm not
sure I would expect anyway given the nature of Rev's compositing).

What steps do I need to run to see what you're seeing?

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, with Rev 4.0.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World