mouseDown message sent but not triggering the handler in a behavior

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Jul 15 05:44:05 EDT 2010

Recently, Richmond wrote:

> Just "for fun" I grouped the btn and put this in the script-editor of
> the group:
>
> on mouseDown
>    put "Hello"
> end mouseDown
>
> AND; when clicked the script in the button WAS executed, and the script
> in the group WAS NOT
> executed.

Because the script of the button intercepted the mouseDown message.

  btn -> group -> card -> stack

The message hierarchy has several more options than this (see the list
archives), but this applies to what you are doing.

If you want the group mouseDown handler to trigger, you need to remove the
button script, or pass the mouseDown message from the button by adding "pass
mouseDown" to the button's script.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director