RunRev Script Editor and Linux

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jul 14 12:35:07 EDT 2010

Peter Alcibiades wrote:
> "The choice of software components that makes Linux so appealing to its users
> is also the reason that Rev doesn't work with everything."
>
> Jacque, I'm afraid this is really not what is going on.

Well, there are certain requirements for certain managers under which
Rev says it will work. Of course I know far less about this than you or
the other Linux users, but this implies to me that there really is a
difference.

Many of us have now tested copy/paste in the script editor and no one
else is crashing. That would also imply that it has something to do with
your particular setup. If you can pin down what the conflict is, it can
be addressed.

Pierre offered a possible workaround; did you try it? If it works, then
it might give RR a lead on where to look for the problem.

BTW, I put Rev into a different desktop the other day and it worked
okay. I'm not sure what you're attempting. I didn't try separating out
various windows, I left the entire app running in desk 2. It worked
fine, so I'm not sure what you're seeing here. But if there's an issue
you should write up a report. The team won't know unless you do that.
You'll need a repeatable recipe.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com